These yoga routines are designed to be simple, effective and easy to use. You may need some equipment, but most can be substituted with things you have at home. Beginners can try any of the first seven sequences. The Level 1 and Level 2 sequences are for more experienced students.
Staying in the poses is part of the process, to observe the way the body adjusts, learn how to release pain and tension, and allow the body and mind to relax. So it’s helpful to have a timer for these sequences. If you use your phone put it in flight mode.
- HOW TO TIE A YOGA STRAP: How to buckle a belt properly.
If you have any questions or comments, please use the box below.
With best wishes, Hannah.
- ABDOMINAL & LOWER BACK STRENGTH: Weakness in one can lead to problems in the other so the abdomen and the lower back need to be strengthened together.
- SHOULDER AND ARM STRENGTH AND FLEXIBILITY: Simple, quick and invigorating for the brain.
- SUPPORT THROUGH CHALLENGING TIMES: When the going gets tough, and you need to keep going, so take some time to support yourself and you will have more than enough to support those around you.
- SUPPORT FOR A DEPLETED IMMUNE SYSTEM: If you have been ill, or are recovering this sequence will support your body’s natural inclination to get better.
- YOGA FOR SOUND SLEEP: An evening practice routine, followed by a bath or shower. Leave all technology downstairs, always. Sweet dreams!
- QUICK MORNING STRETCH ROUTINE: To flex your joints, extend your spine and legs, and bring energy up to your brain.
- A Sequence for Menstrual Pain: To ease discomfort and cramps before or during your period.
- LEVEL 1: 4 sequences to use for quick/daily maintenance (from IYA New York)
- LEVEL 2: 4 sequences to use once or twice a week for deeper practice (from IYA New York)
3 thoughts on “Iyengar Yoga Home Practice Sheets”
Thanks for these Hannah – I am suddenly feeling old and all seized up I will start these at home. xxxxx
Let me know when you want to come and try them out with me! XXXX
Reblogged this on Hannah Lovegrove Iyengar Yoga and commented:
#IyengarYoga home practice sheets, updated to include a #yoga sequence for menstrual pain.