- I have worked in the health and wellbeing sector for over 40 years, specialising in natural & organic products and treatments. I have been a Yoga teacher for 20 years.
- In 2015, with my daughter Hayley de Beers, we co-founded Lovegrove Essentials Ltd, a range of COSMOS-accredited organic and natural products for beauty and massage therapists, hotels and spas.
- Alongside this, we deliver an accredited training programme for experienced therapists, covering a variety of topics on natural and organic skin care and specialising in specific methods for enhancing all facial and body therapy treatments.
- In March 2019, we established our first treatment room at the Ollerod Hotel in Beaminster which won a Bronze Award in the Dorset Tourism Awards later that year.
- I have a life long interest in sustainable living and have been involved in renewable energy projects since the early days of large scale wind and solar. I am a director of Skyfall Energy Ltd, based in Bridport, Dorset.
I have been practicing yoga since the 1970′s, attending classes with the Iyengar family at RIMYI in Pune, India. Yoga is a gift to us all, first described originally by Patanjali, defined and refined today by the world’s best and most esteemed teacher and Guru, the late BKS Iyengar and his family.
Yoga postures change the mental state, the mind-set. The benefits of regular practice on our bodies quickly becomes apparent. The effect on the mind takes longer to register because yoga is dealing with the causes, not just the symptoms.
With regular practice, people find they sleep very well. A person’s capacity to deal with any crisis in life is vastly improved.
“Yoga is about learning to use all your strength, guile, patience to develop your self-discipline and perseverance so that you don’t have to struggle anymore, and then nothing can defeat you, not even death.”
Hannah – March 2021.